Gannett, NYT, NPR have jobs -– at ONA12 Career Summit & Job Fair
Gannett, the New York Times and NPR are hiring! Join them and recruiters from other top media and tech companies and universities at the ONA12 Career Summit & Job Fair, Thursday, Sept. 20, at the San Francisco Hyatt Regency to find a job and hear about current openings.
These top media organizations all will be on site to recruit talent for positions in news, technology and development, including:
- At the USA TODAY booth, visit with Gannett, USA TODAY and USATODAY.com recruiters to find out more about openings, such as a Web Editor in Detroit and .Net Web Developer.
- At The New York Times booth, learn more about the openings on the digital team, including Segment Video Producer and Interactive News Developer.
- NPR is hiring for positions in New York and Washington, D.C., including Streaming Media Manager and Correspondent/Host for Planet Money.
- Patch is hiring local editors in New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and more.
- American Public Media, the Washington Post and other top companies with jobs also will be on hand to discuss career opportunities with you.
Recruiters will meet for drop-in interviews with job-seekers, who will also benefit from resume critiques and work evaluation with Cristina Azocar of San Francisco State University.
The Career Summit & Job Fair schedule — free for student members, $25 for members, $50 for non-members — offers a full day’s immersion into learning, networking and job-hunting. It is also the unofficial kick-off to ONA’s 2012 Annual Conference, which follows over the next two days. Featured CS&JF speakers include:
- Martina Castro, Co-Founder & Senior Producer, Radio Ambulante
- Kate Gardiner, Founder, distill
- Jenny 8 Lee, Co-Founder, Plympton Media
- Mark Luckie, Creative Content Manager, Journalism, Twitter
- Doug Mitchell, Consultant, WebbMedia and Project Manager, NPR
- Michelle Minkoff, Interactive Producer, Associated Press
- Daniel Victor, Social Media Producer, The New York Times
- Jon Vidar, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Tiziano Project
- Sherbeam Wright, Co-Founder, LitHit
To register for the Career Summit & Job Fair, visit http://ona12.journalists.org/register/career-summit-job-fair/.
Are you a recruiter looking for your next hire? Register for a table.